Variety Castillo Caturra
Process Co2 Decaf
The Cup Sweet and soft with tart fruit acidity, lemon and graham cracker flavors.
Colombia Decaf De Cana
Variety: Castillo , Caturra
Processing: Washed Swiss Water Process
1. Green coffee is received, sorted, and prepared for processing.
2. Coffee is steamed for 30 minutes prior to decaffeination.
3. A low-pressure steaming process has opened the pores of the coffee, allowing for caffeine extraction.
4. Coffee is placed in a solution of water and Ethyl Acetate (E.A.), a naturally occuring compound and solvent derived through the fermentation of sugarcane.
5. Green coffee is submerged in the solvent, which naturally bonds to the salts of chlorogenic acids within the coffee, allowing for the extraction of caffeine.
6. Once the coffee is saturated, the tank is drained and fresh solution is introduced. This continues for about 8 hours.
7. After the last of the caffeine has been extracted, the coffee is removed from the solution and prepped for another steaming.
8. The final low-pressure steaming removes the remaining traces of E.A.
9. Decaffeinated coffee is then dried, physically polished to ensure cleanliness, and packaged for export.